Appreciative Inquiry Foundations & Certification Programme
Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner Certificate Programme
We partner with the David Cooperrider Center for Appreciative Inquiry, Champlain College to bring you the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) Certificate Foundations & Capstone Programme. It is the flagship programme for AI practitioners’ certification that provides an in-depth and hands-on training for you to be an independent practitioner of AI in your work and your organisation. AI is a social constructivist approach to change for discovering the best in people, their organisations, and to enable change at the scale of the whole.
In its broadest focus, Appreciative Inquiry involves the systematic discovery of what gives “life” to a living system when it is most alive, most effective, and most capable in economic, ecological, and human terms. At the heart of AI is the art and practice of asking questions that strengthen a system’s capacity to understand, anticipate, and heighten positive potential. Guided by the Principles of Appreciative Inquiry, the process typically involves the four stages of Discover, Dream, Design & Destiny, with an affirmative topic as the focal point.
Through a combination of coursework and fieldwork, participants will learn how and why Appreciative Inquiry works, explore the power of questions to seed positive change in any situation, and discover how to engage others in the change process for lasting results.
- Organisation Development Practitioners facilitating transformation efforts
- Leaders keen to learn about strengths-based change
- Internal Facilitators and Coaches keen to deepen capacity to frame and design inquiry that transforms.
Structure of Programme
- Part 1: AI Foundations Programme (3 days) Dates: to be announced
Additional components for those pursuing the full AI Practitioner’s Certificate:
- Part 2a: Guided applications to an AI Field Project* of your choice over a 3 month period
- Part 2b: AI Capstone Programme* (3 days) Dates: to be announced
*For Part 2a and Part 2b, attendance of the Foundations Programme is a prerequisite.